Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No. 14

I just want to give a brief shout out to Mrs. A for her link on her blog "Creative Writing Prompts". Sometimes, I'm not in the mood to try and think about something to write about. With everyhting going on, I just want to sit down and do my homework because I don't usually have much time.

I went to her "Creative Writing Prompt" link and I selected the prompt about going through your photo albums (I just went through the pictures on my computer.) and counting to the fourteenth photo and writing about how it made you feel. Ironically, I counted and the fourteenth picture just so happened to be a picture of Rilynn's father holding her, so I counted again and I landed on another picture of her and her father...I don't think how those pictures made me feel would be appropriate to write about in English class. So, I closed my eyes and put my finger to the screen and the picture I landed on was the picture of my parents holding Rilynn right after she was born.

I love that picture so much. The looks on my parents faces are priceless. My mom is just overcome with pure joy, and my dad looks as if he is about to cry. I remember my mom trying to get him to hold Rilynn, but he was too scared to hold her since she was so small. It's almost as if I can see my dad's mind going back to when he was in the hospital when I was born. Rilynn is a spitting image of me and he tells me all the time how it's almost as if it's me all over again. My dad was never really able to spend a whole lot of time with me when I was a baby since he worked a lot and I think he feels like this is his chance to make up for it by spoiling Rilynn.

The only thing I love more than having them as my parents, is having them as my daughter's grandparents. She's one lucky little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment