My great grandfather passed away three nights ago. We kind of saw it coming, but we didn't expect it to happen so soon, and even though we knew it was going to happen it doesn't make it hurt any less. He was such a happy man, always laughing, and smiling. He was onry for an old fellow, too. Always playing pranks and telling jokes. He found it especially funny to flip "the bird", while riding his bicycle down the sidewalk. After my grandmother passed away (his daughter) then my great grandmother passed, we knew it wouldn' be too long. He would tell us how he has no reason to be here now that the two people that meant the most to him were no longer here.
The older that I get, the more death scares me. I don't really know how to feel about it. I don't want the people that mean everything to me, and that I've shared so many memories with, to just be gone one day. It also scares me because after awhile, you don't think of them on a daily basis. Just when you hear a song that reminds you of them, or maybe smell a familiar smell. I don't like that death is a part of life. I wish I could live forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment