Monday, September 12, 2011

Take the Bull by the Horns

The best thing in life, is that we have all the say in how it turns out. We may not have conrol over the things that happen to us, or around us; but we have the control over how we react and how we decide to move forward from then on. We can either sit and feel sorry for ourselves, or we can push through and take the bull by the horns.

We can't wait around for life to turn out the way we want it. We have to make it happen for us. In my eyes, we are all in control of our own destiny. We have a chance everyday to decide how we want our story to end. No matter how bad people treat us and no matter how often we don't get  the things we feel we deserve, that can't stop us.

No one wants to look back on their life and wish they had lived it any differently. One of my favorite quotes is, "I'd rather live a life of "oh wells" than a life of "what ifs'". After stumbling across that quote, I have tried to take more risks, and opportunities because I don't want to wonder what would have happened. It's cliche, but you really do have to live your life to the fullest you can. I already have regrets of how I have lived my life up until now. Once I had my daughter, I told myself that it is now time to live a life I can tell her about. I don't want to grow old and have no stories to tell her, or wisdom to share. It's actually a fear of mine.


"Just keep moving forward and dn't give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you."-Johnny Depp

1 comment:

  1. Good post. You have given us all something interesting to think about. The blog looks great. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete